Monday, November 03, 2008

the Avett Experience



So, my brother called about 3 months ago and asked if Chad and I would like to see the Avett Brothers with he and Leah at the Peace Center on Nov. 1. Being a fan of generally all live music, and having the one of their albums (provided by my brother) we were excited at the opportunity! You see, they had bought the tix for them and another couple, who, found out that they were going to have to attend a wedding instead of this concert...so we ended up reaping the benefits of it!

Check out the video...and listen really close for my voice, because we were all sitting right behind the guy videotaping this...The concert was awesome! I am a huge fan now! It's a folk band that clearly loves what they do (by the jumping and headbanging...yes, headbanging to the banjo) They added a good amount of rock to this show, and it was just amazing...I can't wait to see them again!

The headliner was also good: Nicole Atkins...man, that little girl can wail!

3 comments:

brian compton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brian compton said...

Very cool AKHN,

I love these guys too. Bob Crawford, the bass player, was Blake's roomate at Wintrop when he went there for music school. I love the mix of traditional acoustic and modern styles. And the brother's voices work so well together. Been playing some acoustic music lately, and even posted (www.comptonchronicle.blogspot.com)a little about it earlier this evening.

Take care.....

Brooke said...

looks like a gooooooood time! Woo!