Friday, March 31, 2006

Bee Cove Creek (aka 702)


The trip started on a sunny, but chilly day. We were both so excited...listening to great music (courtesy of my brother) driving through the mountians near the NC and SC borders. I had planned the trip, printed driving and hiking directions, and we were ready to go! We hiked for a little while, then, the trail came to an abrubt end. We could hear the falls, just as the directions said, but the slope downward toward the sound seemed a bit risky. We continued on what we THOUGHT could have been a trail...but, well, it wasn't....so, we thought, lets just slide down this embankment and hope it turns out okay! :) Well, the picture below is where we ended up!!! Beautiful! And this was only the first of a few falls. We ate our peanut butter and jelly/honey sandwiches here, and rested for a few minutes. Okay, so to this point, we'd hiked for probably 2 hours....then we kept on. We slid and climbed and walked through the river until we found waterfall after waterfall. It was amazing.

Check out these other pics!
Don't you just love posed pictures that don't look posed :)
Good acting Chad!
Knotty (not to be confused with naughty) tree! Liv, I thought about you and Matt when we passed this...cool tree huh?



5 comments:

Matt&Liv said...

I wish you had told me yall were going to do this, matt and I would have loved to have joined you. I love the pics. The tree is especially nice. I believe I would have stared at it for a long time.

Chad and Allison Nicholson said...

Sorry Liv, I was just so excited about taking Chad to the mountains and spending the day with just the 2 of us! All-day- Saturdays are pretty rare for us...next time!!

Matt&Liv said...

no problem, I can understand. We never did nail down that backpacking trip. :( I really wanted to do that. It is fun to just be with each other out in nature.

Chad and Allison Nicholson said...

We'll still do it...it just might have to be June...May is no good for me :(

Laura said...

These make me happy - reminds me of the good times - makes me miss Mory! It will be so good to just hang out with you guys this summer. Oh, I finally saw the Talbot's commercial - awesome - I think they delayed putting in on up here because it is still cold and they didn't want to depress us with warm thoughts of springy beach weather.