Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Big Festival in the middle of nowhere

So Chad told me he wanted to take me on a suprise date this past weekend...which is not unlike him. So I did my usual guessing and thought I had figured it out. I just knew he was taking me downtown to a fund raiser at a trendy downtown Greenville restaurant. I was very excited. But, then in a casual conversation, I said, hey, there's also a BBQ Festival in Tryon, NC this weekend too...and he said, "that's where we're going on Saturday night!" I couldn't believe it! I was so excited!! That sounded like so much more fun!! A festival in the mountains with live music, many different types of people, and handmade crafts!!! What more could you ask for!?!?


So we drove about 45 minutes into the mountains of North Carolina and ended up at the Blue Ridge BBQ Festival. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! We ate award winning BBQ, looked at tons of mountain-made crafts, people watched (this might have been the best part), danced to great music, and even played Beach Bingo and won! Yep, we won at the exact same time...$10 each!

So go ahead and make your plans for next year! You can be sure you'll see the Nicholsons there!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That is awesome. I am SUPER jealous, mind you (not of the meat but of the good company and eye candy to be had with mountain crafts)! What a great guy!

Chad and Allison Nicholson said...

Yes, not really the ideal festival for a vegetarian...but, yes, the crafts, music, and interesting people would easily outweigh all of the meatiness.