Thursday, June 21, 2007

This is where we are going this weekend...today...in a few hours. This is quite possibly, my favorite place. Mainly because of all of the memories that reside here. This was my grandparents' house, and I grew up going there....it's in Murrells Inlet (just about 10 miles from Myrtle Beach) This is my Papa so proudly standing on the pier in front of the house...this was his paradise. I'll have to get a picture of he and my Nana together...they were a sweet sweet couple.










Sadly, this could be one of our last visits to the inlet house.


But, I'll always have the special memories of the house...before Hurricane Hugo...making giant card houses in the sunroom, playing under the huge weeping willows with the moss dripping from the limbs. Walking around on the oysters...and cutting my knee without even knowing it (my knee still proudly bares the scar) Getting fish heads and chicken necks from the store with Papa so we could tie them to the end of a string and go crabbing. Lying really still with Kendra and Adam by the marsh so you could see the fiddler crabs come out of their holes...then catching them up with our bare hands. Watching the tide clock pass the hours, and how the water miraculously changed with it. Nana's crafts, artwork, jewelry, that donned the walls, halls, and shelves. Papa playfully threatening to take the rest of my food off my plate if I didn't eat it...so many things...I could go on and on...
I am so thankful that my precious husband has had the opportunity to know this very special place. Because now, I have memories there...that have him in them too.




1 comment:

Laura said...

Thanks for letting my family see your family's special place - hope you guys had a great weekend.