Monday, November 05, 2007

Missionaries!

I know I promised some new pictures, and those will come, but I thought I'd post a little something about my friend Laura, her wonderful family, and how they have faithfully followed God's calling!

Matt and Laura Tyler are in the final stages of their training to become missionaries in Mexico. They graduated from New Tribes Mission school where the school's focus is planting tribal churches in unreached areas of the world, and are now completing intensive language training, taking more classes, and doing more outreach before they move on to their final destination. Click on their names to get more information about who they are and what they are all about. Also, for a more personal view of this precious family, visit traveling with the tylers.

The reason I am writing about them, is in hopes that you might read about them, and get to know them, and partner with them in prayer and also financially.

As missionaries, they are responsible for raising all of their funds which includes: Personal expenses (for a family of 4), Ministry expenses (Internet fees, printing, business phone etc), and Benefits and taxes (they are considered 'self employed' which means more taxes, and also any retirement funds and health benefits) So, needless to say, they need a great deal of financial support.

Many of you may contribute corporately to missions through your church, as Chad and I do, but this is your opportunity to contribute to a specific family and to their needs as they grow God's kingdom in parts of the world many will never see.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Allison! Matt and I are sitting here reading this, and wow - what an encouragement! What makes us feel so great is that you have so truly captured the heart of what we are doing. I could NOT have written it better for myself - thanks!