Monday, March 03, 2008

After 12 long years.....

After 12 long years, I, with much coercion from Chad and Olivia, played an indoor soccer game this past Thursday!!!!! Yep, that's right, I began thinking about how long it had been since I played a real game, and I believe it's been about that long....since just after my ACL surgery.

Olivia's been playing on a co-ed league, and asked me to play because they thought they'd need a girl sub....well....they didn't need a sub b/c there weren't even enough players! So, I PLAYED THE WHOLE GAME!!! I seriously thought I might pass out in the first few minutes, but I slowed down a little and was able to at least keep running. I had a couple of good passes and it was great feeling the aggression that comes out in you while playing soccer...but the biggest event of the night was Olivia scoring her first goal of the season!!! whaooooo!!!! Sadly, we ended up losing the game 8-4, but keep in mind that the other team had only 1 girl and had subs...and we had 3 girls and no subs...NOT a fair match!!

I am still sore, but for someone who's turning the big 3-0 this year, not too shabby!! I only wish I had some pictures!

2 comments:

brian compton said...

Right on girl! I remember the Allison of soccer days yore. I'm sure you still got it! Did you wear the brace?

I started to sign up for a San Francisco League, but Beck (the rational one) told me "you need another weekly obligation like you need a hole in the head." She was right.

Tell Olivia congrats on the goal and take some pics next time.

Have a good Monday!

the hucks said...

My favorite part of your whole post was ... the big 3-0 :) teehee!

Really though, congrats on getting back in the game! That is awesome!