Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Look what Daddy made!

Chad and I searched for a quality bookcase for baby's room, but couldn't settle on anything. The solid wood ones at the "stain it yourself" places were too expensive and the cheapies at Target were the wrong color....so, naturally, Chad decided to just make one! He spent his off Friday getting the materials, drawing plans, and creating the frame.
Then, on Saturday, we both worked hard; me inside cleaning and him out in the garage perfecting is masterpiece! Chad decided to inscribe a message to our little one on the back of the bookcase: "To our baby, the first of many gifts. Love, Dad." So sweet...just watching him write it made me tear up (of course, these days it doesn't take much).

Then, I joined him to begin the staining process and by Sunday, we had a finished bookcase the same color as our nursery furniture...that fit perfectly in the spot we wanted it to!
Isn't is beautiful? I am so proud of my sweet husband...already a great daddy :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

So sweet and it turned out great!!! We wrote a message inside Zoe's dresser while we were painting it too:) Love his message!

Unknown said...

Wow! I knew that Chad had many talents. The bookshelf looks so wonderful! It's so exciting that you have found out what you're having. I can't wait until The Colonel is able to play with your little one!