Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Nursery!

I am so proud to put this picture up! For those of you who know me well, you know that I am not a decorator. I just have a hard time putting things together...unless it's straight from the Pottery Barn catalogue, but when I have to make it up, it is much much harder.
So, putting together the nursery was pretty challenging for me. I looked and looked for the bed-in-a-bag type thing, but nothing really stuck out to me, so I asked my oh so talented mother to make it all for me (and she gladly agreed).
My ideas changed almost daily and I was getting really frustrated. My mom and I searched all of Greenville for that perfect fabric and it was nowhere to be found. I did, however find a striped fabric on etsy.com that I LOVED, so I decided to try and design the nursery around it. Then, things came together even more when I bought a vinyl tree decal from etsy and voila! Here is the amazing finished product!

Didn't my mom do an amazing job? She made the bedskirt and outside of the bumper pad out of the curtains (on sale from JC Penny), the inner bumper pad out of a quilted fabric, and then of course, the finishing touches from the fabric from etsy. I absolutely LOVE it!

3 comments:

smithfamily said...

I love it! The tree decal is awesome.. I did Lindy Jack's nursery in Owls and I looked at those decals they are super cute.

Tara said...

Very cute! Thanks for posting...the recliner is good addition...it will get lots of late night use!

Sara and Kyle said...

Love it - I know you are ready to meet your little guy - Boys are the sweetest!