Monday, October 04, 2010

Wow! 36 Weeks!

We're in the final countdown, folks! My doctor's appointments have now moved to weekly appointments and things are still going great!

We met with the doctor this morning and had an ultrasound to confirm that Rigby is headed in the right direction...and he is! He's head down and pretty low in my pelvis (hence the pain and occasional waddling).

Here, you can really only see his head (big white circle from bottom right to to top middle). In the left of the shot, is his hand. When they took this picture, it looked like he was making a sucking motion, but because he's so big and things are so scrunched up, we couldn't tell if he was sucking his thumb or not...but his hand is in the right place, so we might have a thumb sucker!

We could also see his little body and how it was contracting as he was practicing breathing. He's so cute! I can't wait to see him face to face!

I've put in my notice at work...so, yes, on October 20th, I'll officially be a stay at home mom. Yikes! I hear it is wonderful, though, so as scared as I might be, I know it'll be worth it.

2 comments:

Robert and Carmen said...

Congrats! I'm jealous - especially after the past 2 days!

smithfamily said...

I'm so excited for you! Being a stay at home mom is the best...You are gonna have sooooo much fun with him.